Your NHBC Buildmark Warranty
Your 10 Year NHBC Buildmark Warranty explained
Your new home comes complete with an NHBC Buildmark warranty, providing protection against any defects or damage covered by the policy for 10 years. During the first two years Wiggett Homes should be contacted in the first instance and thereafter, in years 3 to 10, the NHBC provides insurance to cover the cost of putting right damage to specified parts of your home, usually the structural and weatherproofing parts.
Please read your policy documents for full details, including all exclusions and limits and any endorsements that apply specifically to your home. Your warranty does not protect you against every event or circumstance, including but not limited to:
- Anything that the Buildmark certificate says is excluded;
- Anything done to your home or the land after the completion date, except for work done by Wiggett Homes or the NHBC to meet their responsibilities under Buildmark;
- Cosmetic defects that have not been reported within seven days of legal completion.
- Gradual deterioration, wear and tear, neglect and failure to do appropriate maintenance;
- Damp, condensation, shrinkage, thermal movement and movement between different types of materials, that is not a result of the Builder failing to meet NHBC requirements;
- Not being able to use or enjoy your home or the land, financial loss, inconvenience and distress;
- Storms and other severe weather conditions.
Full details of your Buildmark Warranty, including general conditions and exclusions can be found here on the NHBC website.